SPA (Sports & Performing Arts)
Students are encouraged to join up to two Sports and Performing Arts (SPA) activities which are held during the day.
Activities offered usually include drama, dance, art, music, singing, netball, trampolining, badminton, basketball, gymnastics, football and fitness - something for everyone! The new SPA timetables are available to view or download below.
Other SPAs and After School sessions include:
- Chinese Club on Mondays in L3; 3:00pm-4:00pm
- Spanish Club on Wednesdays in L6; 3:00pm-4:00pm.
- Chess Club on Thursdays in H3 & L5; 10:30am-11:20am.
- Some sessions will be done on a rota on a first come, first served basis, so if you wish to take part you must come to the first sign-up or speak to the PE faculty.
- You cannot come to a SPA during a PSHCE session or assembly.
- You can only take part in two SPA activities a week, including creativity SPAs (i.e. you can only miss 2 tutor periods a week).
- If attending a PE SPA you need to come at 10.30am so wont have chance to go to the canteen. Therefore, if break time food is important to you, bring a snack from home.
- You can attend as many of the relevant after school sessions as you like. Please make sure whoever is at home knows where you are and that you have made arrangements for transport home. There are no school buses at this time.
- Students will only require trainers for most PE SPA activities, for after school they need full PE kit.