A central part of the Beckfoot Strategic Vision 2020-23 is to ensure that “students’ strong attendance, attitude to learning and behaviour is recognised and celebrated.” Students accumulate reward points for their excellent Attitude to Learning (ATL) scores and positive community contributions.
The rewards mountain below gives a visual representation of how rewards work at Beckfoot.
Examples of our rewards and how they work:
- Positive notes / comments in planners: Teachers and support staff write positive comments and stamp planners when a student does something special in lesson. Students share this with their parent/carers and tutors.
- Texts home - Every week students who achieve all ATL1s for their lessons will get a positive text home. Teachers, support staff and the Leadership Team may also send personalised well-done messages and acknowledgement texts.
- Tea parties - The top 20 students in each year group for ATL scores will access an afternoon tea experience with their Head of Year and Pastoral Manager in school.
- Certificates - These are issued termly for 97%^ attendance as well as for ATL scores linked to reward points. This will with be a Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum certificate.
- Attendance trophy (KS3) - The year team will visit tutor groups weekly and give out a top tutor group prize.
- End of Year Assemblies - Celebration of achievement in the year group within and beyond the curriculum
- Red Carpet Events (all years) - The happen twice a year. Students who qualify for the event will chose a reward (Film, Pizza, Gaming, Extra Sport or Art classes). They will receive a ticket for their chosen reward.
- End of Year Trips - This is a subsidised reward trip in June to Lightwater Valley Theme park in Ripon
- Prom & Flamingo Land (Year 11) - As an extra special reward for year 11s and in the run up to their exams, Year 11 are invited to attend an end of prom at the Mercure Hotel in Bingley followed by a trip to Flamingo Land in Malton the following day
- w/c 19 October - Red Carpet Event 1,
- w/c 22 March - Red Carpet Event 2
- 6 May -Year 11 Prom, 7 May -Year 11 Flamingoland
- w/c 14 June - Reward Trips (Years 7-10)
- w/c 7 June - End of Year Rewards Assemblies