- Natasha Schoolwear, 12 New John St, Bradford, BD1 2QZ Tel: 01274 724676 http://natashaschoolwear.com/
- Whittakers Schoolwear, 21 Briggate, Shipley, BD17 7BP Tel: 01274 585015 https://www.whittakersschoolwear.co.uk/product-category/shipley/beckfoot-secondary-school/
- Whittakers Schoolwear, 5 Low St, Keighley, BD21 3PJ Tel: 01535 611211 https://www.whittakersschoolwear.co.uk/product-category/keighley/beckfoot-school/
Please ensure all items are clearly labelled/named.
Q: What equipment will my child need?
We highly recommend that students arrive prepared for school with these items:
- an appropriate school bag that is clearly named
- a lightweight PE bag that is clearly named
- a padlock for their locker
- an optional refillable water bottle that is clearly named
- a pencil case that is clearly named, containing: black or blue pens, pencils, ruler, rubber, sharpener and a scientific calculator. The Casio fx-83GT PLUS calculator is recommended by our Maths faculty.
Q: Where should my child go on their first day in September?
Students can use any entrance to access the school, but we recommend avoiding the reception area as this can get very busy. Students can play outside or wait in the Atrium at the heart of the main building. The school is open from 7.45am.
Q: What are school’s opening hours?
The Learning Resource Centre (LRC), which is our library, and Atrium are open to students from 7.45am. Students can buy breakfast from 8.00am and we have a welcoming Atrium space. Lessons finish at 2.45pm and after-school activities usually end by 4.15pm. Students also have access to the LRC after school until 4.30pm. Any student who is not in an organised activity or using the LRC, should leave by 3.00pm. All students must leave the school site by 4.30pm.
Q: Where does my child store their things?
All Year 7s are issued with a locker. They will need to provide their own padlock. We recommend a combination lock with a strong, thick bar. Please make a note of the combination before they start with us. If they have keys for their padlock, we recommend you give a spare key in a sealed envelope, with their name and ‘Year 7 Team’ clearly on the front and hand in to the Key Stage 3 office in September.
Q: What if my child gets lost?
It’s unlikely they will because new Year 7 students will be paired up with a team of Year 8 buddies on their first day at Beckfoot. The buddies will be on hand for the first two weeks at lesson changeovers and lunchtimes to help students move between lessons easily. All students and staff are on hand to help them too. We understand that it takes time for Year 7s to adjust to a new building and routine.
Q: Can my child bring their mobile phone to school?
Yes, students can bring their mobile phone to school. They must be switched off and safely stored in school bags during school hours.