Welcome to the Special Educational Needs and Disabilities homepage.
We’re really passionate about inclusion at Beckfoot School. It matters to us that every student can truly thrive in our school community and pupils with SEND are no exception to this. We’re a fully inclusive mainstream school where all pupils are valued equally. As part of our provision, we have Designated Special Provision (DSP) for pupils with Physical Difficulties. We’re also really lucky to share the site with Hazelbeck School and seek opportunities to collaborate with our incredible colleagues next door.
Our aim is to ensure that pupils with SEND access a curriculum which has breadth and balance and provides them with opportunities to succeed. We also want them to participate in the wider life of the school too: sports, the arts and chances to showcase their skills and talents. It’s important to us that students with SEND are provided with bespoke support which provides care and positive relationships, builds resilience and empowers them to enjoy, learn and succeed at Beckfoot. We are committed to meeting the requirements of the Children and Families Act 2014 and the Disability Code of Practice 2015.
All pupils with SEND will:
- Be treated as individuals where their individual needs, interests and aptitudes are recognised.
- Be provided with opportunities for continued growth and development so that they can increase their self-esteem and confidence.
- Receive a balanced curriculum in both content and style of delivery which allows them to make informed choices as they progress Beckfoot and beyond.
- Be encouraged to achieve their full potential, irrespective of their needs.
- Be encouraged to learn through a range of enjoyable and stimulating experiences in an atmosphere where students feel valued, encouraged and safe.
- Learn to take responsibility for their own learning and actions so that they will be equipped to deal with life beyond school.
- Be encouraged to see education as a lifelong process to the benefit of all aspects of their life. This SEND Information Report outlines information regarding the ways in which we provide support for all students with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities, in order to realise their full potential, make outstanding academic and personal progress and grow to be equipped for their future lives.